Maine Media Workshops 10% Discount to MFVA Members, Fall 2014 Classes
This fall, explore Maine and your creativity in a whole new light.
Experience workshops with Mo Flam, Cig Harvey, Steven Fierberg, ASC, Kerry Hays, Heather Croall, Maisie Crow, Olaf Willoughby, David Julian, Mauricio Handler, Alcie Brooks, Doug Jensen, Stephen McCarthy, Paul Taylor, George DeWolfe, Alan Myerson, Greg Luntzel, Rodney Taylor, ASC, Eileen McCarney Muldoon, Maryanne Culpepper, DeWitt Sage, and many more.
MFVA Meeting September 26, 2014 in conjunction with MAINE MEDIA WORKSHOPS
Panel: Preparing a Film Career for the Next 5 Years
Experience the lessons learned by three of the industry’s very top filmmakers: Stephen McCarthy, Travis Trudell, and Paul Taylor; with moderator Mimi Edmunds (former 60 Minutes producer)
When: Friday September 26th, 10am-12:30pm
Where: Maine Media Workshops 70 Camden Street Rockport, ME 04856
MFVA Members and MMW Students Free
Admission for non-members $10
Lunch at 12:30pm — $15
MFVA Annual Membership $25 professional; $10 students
Parking: Please park in the big lower parking lot by the big sign and walk up onto campus. There will be someone there to guide you to the meeting location.
… Continue Reading
IT/AV Tech position: The MDI Biological Laboratory, a nonprofit research and educational institution is seeking a technician to provide audio-visual (AV) and information technology (IT) support.
In this part-time, benefits-eligible position you will be dealing with a broad range of tasks and projects, from recording and editing video presentation to assisting users of Mac and PC computers and other devices. Previous experience or training in video production and familiarity with Apple and Microsoft computer systems is required.
Essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Record, edit, and publish video os seminars and other events.
- Set up and assist presenters with projectors, sound systems, videoconferencing systems and other AV equipment.
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and notebook computers and portable devices; install, configure, and upgrade software.
- Set up and configure printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Troubleshoot desktop and laptop computer and printer hardware and software issues; perform basic repairs. Coordinate more complex repairs with vendors.
- Document support activities in ticketing system; write and update internal and end-user documentation.
- Occasional overtime or work outside of customary business hours will be required.
Required background and/or experience:
The successful candidate will have experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience with, or classroom work in, production of high-quality video presentations.
- Familiarity with desktop/notebook computer and portable device hardware and software.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 30 pounds.
While not essential, any experience with server or network administration, data backup, or telephone systems would be considered an asset.
This is a part-time, permanent, benefits-eligible position. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to: Technician Search, MDI Biological Laboratory, PO Box 35, Salisbury Cove, Maine 04672; or by email to email@example.com. MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.