Contract part-time employee, max 10 hours/week
Reports to: MFA Board Officers
Rate: starting at $22/hour
Rolling application deadline
Start Date: approx. Jan. 3, 2023
UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thanks!
MFA Seeks Administrative & Communications Coordinator
The Maine Film Association (MFA) seeks a skilled communicator and detail-oriented administrator to serve as the organization’s Coordinator. The Coordinator works closely with a hands-on board of directors and volunteer committees in support of its education, advocacy, and connectivity initiatives.
The Maine Film Association is a 200+-member organization of media makers, production companies, students, and film buffs from across Maine and beyond. The MFA is volunteer-led and works to support the Maine media making community by: advocating for the industry among statewide leaders and fellow industries; providing educational and professional development opportunities; bringing media (and other sector) professionals together via networking events; and showcasing Maine media talent through screenings and the annual Winter Film Challenge.
The Coordinator is responsible for all administrative operations for the organization, maintaining the MFA’s website and digital communications channels, and for carrying out work that supports MFA events and initiatives.
- Detail- and systems-oriented individual with excellent follow-up.
- Project management experience; volunteer management experience a plus.
- Proficient in learning and using digital communications tools, including: content management systems (WordPress), social media platforms, Mailchimp, Canva.
- Proficient in learning and using Google Drive applications.
- Energetic, positive, and able to work independently and collaborate with teams.
- Adaptability and willingness to grow with the position.
- Enjoys fostering community and helping others grow.
- Manage MFA’s marketing and communications
- Maintain and produce content for the MFA website, mainefilm.org.
- Produce monthly MFA e-News.
- Monitor news updates and social media for major announcements from companies/nonprofit arts organizations and news of the development or completion of productions to help promote Maine media making and the arts via MFA channels.
- Maintain and promote the Directory of Maine Film Professionals.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive social media plan to continue to engage expanding audiences through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Produce marketing emails and social media posts for events, membership, and special communications.
- Monitor and provide prompt response to incoming email.
- Solicit press coverage of MFA affairs, when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain MFA Vimeo channels.
- Manage the MFA Board of Directors, committees, and volunteers.
- Support to the MFA Board of Directors by providing administrative support, as assigned/agreed upon.
- Help MFA committee chairs to regularly convene committees and complete follow-up tasks.
- Help recruit and support to MFA volunteers.
- Maintain and expand MFA’s membership program, including active recruitment of professional, student, and business members through MFA communications avenues and events.
- Support the MFA Board of Directors in building relationships with foundations and applying for/obtaining grants to support MFA endeavors.
- Provide assistance in planning, marketing, managing logistics for, and execution of MFA events, workshops, programming, and gatherings.
- Support the MFA Board of Directors in the exploration and development of new MFA endeavors.
- Manage MFA administrative tasks and delegate to volunteers, as appropriate.
To apply: Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Reports to: MFA Board Officers
Starting Wage: starting at $22/hour
Contract part-time employee, maximum of 10 hours/week
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled.
Start Date: cir. January 3, 2023