Search the Directory of Maine Film Professionals to find MFA-member filmmakers throughout the state of Maine.
MFA Members can sign into their accounts to create or update their directory profile.
Join the MFA as a member today to get your free listing in the Directory of Maine Film Professionals!
Garrick Hoffman Photography
Garrick Hoffman is a professional photographer & creative, specializing in behind-the-scenes (BTS) photography, graphic design, screenwriting, press release writing, and acting.
Garrick began his media career in 2017 working as a freelance photographer and contributing writer for Mainely Media, a publishing company owned by the Portland Press Herald with four newspapers distributed in the southern Maine region. That same year he was hired to do behind-the-scenes photography for University of Southern Maine adjunct screenwriting instructor Dan Chaimowitz's feature-length film, "The Opposite of Cleveland."
Since then, Garrick has done photography for many of his own clients, ranging from family portraits and professional headshots to real estate and products. He's also worked under local professionals such as Fred Field, an award-winning photographer who's been doing photography for more than 30 years. A former Boston Globe and Portland Press Herald photographer who regularly does work for Harvard and Bowdoin colleges, Field hired Garrick to photograph the 2019 Bowdoin College Reunion.
In 2018, Garrick was hired by Gritty McDuff's Brewing Company to be their marketing coordinator and social media manager, utilizing his photography and graphic design skills for these roles. In 2020, he left to focus on his passion for photography and the filmmaking industry.
In 2019, Garrick's work debuted in the magazine industry when he wrote articles and provided photography for two Activity Maine magazines, the Maine Brew & Bev Guide and the Activities Guide of Maine.
In May 2020, Garrick graduated magna cum laude from the Media Studies program at the University of Southern Maine, studying screenwriting, filmmaking, photojournalism and more.
Garrick has now gone on to be part of award-winning film projects and work with award-winning filmmakers here in Maine, doing BTS photography, poster design, and press release writing. He also starred in and wrote for his own short film, "In The Midst of Mountains," for a film class at USM, and wrote his first feature-length script, "Best Buds," for his senior capstone. He hopes to soon bring some of his scripts to the screen.
• "Wrong Lanes" - a King of Hearts Films short film for the 2020 48 Hour Film Project, also known as the 48 Global Film Challenge, which won the Boston region part of the challenge. Garrick provided BTS photography, shot B-roll, designed the poster for the film and wrote the press release to promote it.
• Kings & Queens - an LGBT-themed short film shot in Portland in 2020 by Thrive Productions (BTS photography)
• "In The Midst of Mountains" - a suspense/thriller short film Garrick wrote, starred in, and helped produce as a USM student for a film class, Advanced Narrative Filmmaking.
• Shit in the Dirt Film Festival, December 2019 (event photography)
• "The Opposite of Cleveland" - a feature-length film made by DBC Productions, owned by a University of Southern Maine adjunct screenwriting instructor who directed "Cleveland" in 2017 (BTS photography)
Garrick has also done work for:
• Fred Field, a professional career photographer and former Portland Press Herald and Boston Globe photographer who does work for Bowdoin & Harvard colleges (second shooter photography)
• Leah Michaud, a professional wedding photographer in China, Maine (second shooter photography)
• Stone Fort Distillery in Biddeford, Maine (product & interior photography)
Additionally, Garrick's work has been featured in:
• Bowdoin College media
• Activities Guide of Maine magazine
• Maine Brew & Bev Guide magazine
• Dwell magazine
• Old Orchard Beach Chamber of Commerce 2018, 2019, & 2020 Vacation Planners
• Visit Portland 2020 Visitor's Guide
• Wild Drive Life blog media
• Mami Restaurant social media
• Gritty McDuff's website and social media
• Portland Trails social media & marketing materials
• Visit Freeport media
• News Center Maine
• Freeport Maine Chamber of Commerce marketing materials
• Tiny House Mag
Robert Nixon - owner, King of Hearts Films. email@example.com
Elmer J. Howard - owner, Thrive Productions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nat Ives - production center manager & instructor, University of Southern Maine. email@example.com
Dr. David Pierson - Chair & Professor of Media Studies, University of Southern Maine. firstname.lastname@example.org
Acting, screenwriting, and AC services.